Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Well, the semester is drawing to a close and that means crunch time at the RHFS department at Carle. We have several Progressive Ag Safety Days coming up, for which I am organizing donations and other sponsorship materials.  It's so encouraging to see the different ways local businesses will support the youth in learning safety both on and off the farm.  I'm hoping the productive streak I've been on will continue through the final push towards summer. 

In other news, the curriculum I've been working on all school year is going to be finalized really soon, it is currently distributed among many ag teachers and other professionals in the agriculture field for review. I'm excited to get the constructive criticisms back so I can work towards creating even more effective lessons to teach the high school students how to be safe when working with grain bins, electricity, etc.  I'm happy to see it coming through the final stages or production and knowing it will soon be used in high schools in local communities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment