Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Internship on the Road

Monsanto Crop Protection


This summer has been filled with lots of time on the road. I started in St. Louis for a week of orientation and since then I have put almost 5,000 miles on my company vehicle traveling through 5 states which include Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio. In the branch of Crop Protection I work under my supervisor Joe Paul Downs who has been with Monsanto for 32 years! My internship deals with a product that might sound familiar, Roundup? I spend most of my time traveling to what we call JDL's which stand for John Deere Landscapes. While visiting these facilities, I ask questions from my survey that I put together during my second week of work so that I would be prepared in asking questions about our products and gathering related information that I need to have to complete my internship project. I visit with all sorts of branches ranging from Branch Mangers, Sales, and Supply. The most exciting part of my internship is all the places that I visit. My range is the Northeast part of the United States, from Illinois to Maine, Michigan to the South Carolina. Every morning I wake up Eager, Excited, and make sure that I'm always Early while being organized and prepared for whatever may be over the next hill!
One of the JDL's


My Truck which is basically my home

My Excellent Office
 Here are a few things that I have experienced so far on my travels.
A nursery that I visited

No comments:

Post a Comment