Friday, September 6, 2013

My NYC journey (two)

I have to say that I was reluctant to go to NYC for my internship three months ago because I want to stay in Champaign and I do enjoy the relax and beautiful country life. After a plenty of drastic talking with my parents, I decided to go to NYC for the internship. I am glad that I went to NYC. I not only learned lots of banking industry information but also dealt with lots of people problems. I think those experiences helped me to apply HR master.

At the first day of my internship, my supervisor didn't directly tell me what projects or tasks that I have to complete this summer. She firstly asked me what I wanted to achieve after the internship. Then we talked about why I want to do HR and some of her experiences in HR fields. Because lots of tasks that I worked was very confidential, I just share what could be shared.

My first couple of weeks were dealing with the files. I filed the job descriptions and evaluation forms from 2008- 2013. After that, my supervisor asked me to read administration department handbook and employee handbook. She just wanted me to have a better idea about the bank. While I was working on the files, I was a little bored because it's just boring to work on the filing and documentation. I talked about this to my supervisor and I realized that every entry level HR professional works on the administrative tasks. You have to work on it first to have a better idea about other HR work.  After doing filing for a while, I asked to do the project as I mentioned in my first blog.


This is my office. I know it's a mess! But that's what a professional HR need to do- Filing and documentation. 

In order to have better idea of the employee, my boss gave this handbook to me and ask me to read. 

This is the certificate I got from BoCom.

No comments:

Post a Comment