Friday, August 29, 2014

A Summer to Remember

Outside of my internship duties, I got to experience how corporate mergers work. Ironically both companies acquired other smaller companies. So I got to see how the process of restructuring and early retirement worked. It caused a lot of chaos in both companies but served as a great reality check for me. Growing up as a farm kid I never had to deal with corporate stuff since both my parents worked on farms. I also learned from my boss how important it is to balance work and your personal life. I spent a lot of  my free time with his children and sheep. It was neat to see how he balance traveling all the time with his family and sheep business.




I also got to be part of Elanco launching their first vaccine buy in program. They recently just broke into the vaccine market. Normally they offer programs for feed additives and other quick fix shots (Mycotil). Their primary focus use to be feedlots and cow-calf producers but now they are trying to build stronger relationships with veterinarians. My project this summer concluded that Elanco reps do not have a strong enough presence in clinics. Many people did not know who their rep was or if they would ever come back around after I left. The company learned that many vets are apprehensive about doing business with them because of what my data collection found.

No comments:

Post a Comment