Sunday, August 31, 2014

What is a SAI?

SAI or Summer Ag Institute is where teachers from each county spend typically three or four days learning about agriculture. At a SAI they have numerous speakers come in, visit local farmers, and do activities to promote agriculture. I got asked on a number of occasion to come to these counties and be one of the guest speakers. I would talk about something as complex as a cows stomach to as basic as making sure people know that hamburger doesn't come from pigs. Being at these was very beneficial for improving my public speaking skills because you never know what you are going to get asked. I attended 8 SAI's this summer but also sent information about the cattle industry to any other county that asked me to go but I couldn't make it to. What I talked about at these SAI's is promoting the IBA website by showing what I put together for teachers on it. I had numerous materials I feel is ready for the classroom to make teachers want to teach it. I received a lot of positive feedback and knowing that these teachers will educated their students about what I love in their classrooms is a very rewarding feeling to me.

1 comment:

  1. do you know cow has more than one stomach for more info @ lifegag magazine

    ReplyDelete