Sunday, July 26, 2015

Tables Have Turned

My name is Michael Smith and I am a senior majoring in Agricultural Leadership Education. This summer I will serve as the Leadership Course Director for the Research Apprentice Program (RAP). My role as the Leadership Course Director is to prepare an educational curriculum that challenges students to examine their characters, values, and learning styles. Also to allow the participants to examine different leadership styles and theories in order to enhance their overall leadership ability and their effectiveness when working in groups in teams. Finally, scheduling Academic Support Sessions for the YSP students which prepares them from the transition from high school student to undergraduate. As a former participant of the RAP program, it seems surreal that I am now instructing the Leadership Development course that I was once a student in, oh how the tables have turned. I look forward to this opportunity and I hope the students will have a great experience with the program.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment