Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First Half of Summer

I have gotten so many wonderful opportunities this summer. I created an incentive program for vet clinics and producers. If they buy so many dollars worth of vaccine they receive a gift from Elanco. I have clinics in Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota. I get to do ride alongs with sales representatives from MWI and Elanco. This allows me to observe different techniques that each rep uses and learn the different companies approaches. Elanco reps are much more laid back because all they have to do is offer product information since they do not make commission. They also worry solely about selling Elanco products and sell directly to the end user in most cases. MWI is required to know all manufacturer products. They get a percentage of commission so the more they sell, they more money they make.


I got the opportunity to go through vaccine training with the veterinarian who helped create and run trials on Titanium 5+PHM.  This was such an awesome experience because understanding the science of how it works allows me to have scientific conversation with the vets and allows for a stronger bond of trust. Science was never on a list of majors for me, I didn't even major in Animal Science. I learned that stepping out of my comfort zone and learning new subject matter was more exciting than I ever planned.


The most fun part has been the social interaction and networking I have got to do.  When selling vaccines I had to interact with the reps in the territory both Elanco and MWI, the veterinarians I was promoting the vaccines to, the producers who are interested in using the vaccines, the vet who created the vaccine, and all the upper management in both companies. If you ask me it was a lot of talking which I love to do. However it wasn't all hard work all the time. I have attached a picture of the College World Series game that I got to attend. Elanco sponsored the trip and all expenses were paid. Upper sales management, veterinarians, veterinarian consults, sales reps, and spouses were all present for the day of festivities. We had dinner at the came and got to get to know each other during the presentation. In Nebraska the weather has been less than forgiving so the presentation was about community involvement. Selling product is important but the people who buy it are a priority. Since tornadoes devastated part of my territory both companies encourage volunteering with relief campaigns. These are awesome companies who care about their customers!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment