Saturday, August 18, 2018

LIFE AS A BECK'S INTERN

This summer I had the opportunity to work for Beck’s Hybrids as a sales intern for the northern Illinois sales team.  I never thought that so many skills I have learned throughout my collegiate educations would be applied in the sales field.  I feel as though Ag Leadership Education has done a great job preparing me to move into the world of sales. 

I was fortunate enough to see how 6 different seed advisors performed their jobs this summer.  I was sure to pay attention to what made each of them successful and capable of making relationships with customers.  I was able to look back at the DISK assessment that we performed in class a year ago and understand individuals as soon as I walked on the farm.  This helped me throughout my internship.

The biggest part of the summer for me though was finding what I truly loved to do.  I want to be a salesman and I want to work with farmers.  I love the thrill and challenge of getting that next sale.  When I finally realized that each farm and sales call was going to be different and have its own set of challenges it was easy to see that I wanted to engage in this kind of a career. 


I truly enjoyed my time with the sales team and also a family owned company like Beck’s.  Learning from a company that has “Farmers at Heart” has been an opportunity that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment