Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The End of the Road

Monsanto Crop Protection 


Can you say busy? This summer has been a non-stop rush and filled with so much activity. I have never been so busy and done so much. I have had the internship of a lifetime and have taken it all in as much as possible. In the second half of my summer I have traveled an additional 5,000 miles totaling my summer odometer over 10,000 miles through 8 different states. I have continued to visit John Deere Landscapes promoting Roundup Products. I have really enjoyed building the relationships with the many distributors and everyone else along the way. I spent one week in Florida near Orlando cross-training with another area of Crop Protection including the agriculture side which included some scouting of orange groves which were so neat because I have never known so much about oranges before. I seen all sorts of wildlife including alligators out in the wild and while seeing all of this I tried soaking in as much sun as possible. It was such a shock to be in the countryside of Florida compared to the mountains of Pennsylvania. I visited with a lot of people this summer and gathered intriguing information that was such a delight sharing with my boss and making him as well as my company pleased. I even met with with my supervisor's boss for an afternoon. If someone ever asked me for a word of advice, I would simply say "network." Meeting people from across the country and building the relationships will allow me to re-visit and have places to go in case ever needed. After the week in Florida I spent my days in Georgia at a turf conference held in Stone Mountain, GA. At this conference I met several different independent distributors that Monsanto works with. They're much smaller companies but I was overwhelmed with their sense of pride building their own business. Overall it was a great summer meeting everyone of all different shapes and sizes. I have a better knowledge of Monsanto Roundup product knowledge. I have grown as a leader and have added so many professional skills to my toolbox for the future. Coming up I have a presentation to report my finding over the summer and what I have accomplished along with interviewing for a full-time position with Monsanto. As this road ends another I will find. 
This was the booth that I set up in Georgia with the Independent Distributors






Orange groves in Florida 






  

No comments:

Post a Comment