Monday, August 31, 2015

AgriGold Internship: All other duties as assigned

This summer I had the opportunity to work with the Marketing Team at AgriGold.  AgriGold is a seed corn company based in Saint Francisville, Illinois.  Throughout the summer, my position was meant to assist the internship coordinator by processing the daily activities, expense reports, and coordinating contests for the field interns across the Corn Belt.  
As the summer progressed, my day-to-day activities became less structured.  The marketing team spent many hot days in the warehouse packing boxes, sorting promotional items, or assembling new items.  Before this summer, I had never put much thought into who did all of those tasks; they just seemed to be done.  

I was able to attend AgriGold's National Sales Kickoff in Sandusky, Ohio.  I only got to see a short window of the planning and preparation that went into the event, however I was most amazed by the willingness of the entire team to offer help in order to finish quickly.  No matter his or her title, everyone had the common goal of making the event run smoothly.  

From this experience, I learned the most by the example shown.  Problems are likely to arise in all workplaces, its how you take those in stride and problem solve yourself that proves your ability to others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment