Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hello, my name is Chris O'Connor and I am a senior in Agricultural Leadership. I graduated last May with a bachelor's degree in Technical Systems Management. My internship for the summer was working with the Illinois football program director of football operations. I worked with the director of football operations, Tim Knox and helped reintegrate the team with the app TeamWorks. TeamWorks is a app that allows for fast and easy communication among teammates and staff. This app will help the program continue to develop and allow for easy access to important information.

Another aspect of my internship and a part that I really enjoyed was planning and going out on a community service opportunity in Monticello at the Piatt County Nursing Home. It was such an amazing time to go and put a smile on residents faces that are not always able to go to games. We played bingo and signed autographs. There is not a better feeling than making someone's day by just showing up and talking to them and showing that football players are regular people.
Above is the picture of some of the players and the residents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment