Monday, August 5, 2013

Agucation




While the summer may be drawing to a close and my internship wrapping up, the lessons and skills that I have learned over the last several weeks will never be forgotten.  In the last several weeks I have been able to learn a lot more about agricultural research.  I have been able to experience everything from babysitting an irrigate to helping design a new sprayer for the research farm.  I have also been able to learn much more insight to the research process from conception to sales.  Having had the opportunity to work in Ag sales in the past it has been very interesting to see a lot of the ground work that goes into the products before salesmen and women even know they exist.

This past week I had the opportunity to meet with the President of United States Operations of Eurofins.  Our company is a global one with over one billion dollars in revenue and has many different divisions in its infrastructure.  It was very interesting to listen to our US president speak with us about many of the new innovations that Eurofins is working on as well as the infrastructure to the company and how it works.  He was also describing how the research is conducted through out the world and how Eurofins plays a large part having stations in almost every continent and conducting many different research projects.  As a past researcher himself he was very knowledgeable and informative explaining how our branch of Eurofins works.

I have loved working here and have also enjoyed working with the other interns as we all learn together.  Something that has impacted me over the last few weeks was when describing what kind of research that I am able to help with to my friends and family many of them, who have grown up very closely tied to the Agriculture industry, process, and procedure have had no idea this kind of research was occurring.  This has made me realize the importance of spreading the word about the many different parts of agriculture.  If our consumers are informed about the countless hours and dedicated people investing time and money into providing healthy and safe food systems, they will better understand how farmers and ranchers really do produce high quality products. I can not wait to help inform more people about the research in agriculture.  Agucating everyone will only help benefit our industry and I hope to be a key link in the education process. What will you do to spread our story?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment