Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sangamon Menard County Extension Experience

Kids make 4-H bracelets at the Logan county Fair
 This Summer has been one experience after another. With lots of leadership, communication, and productivity to keep my busy. But not that my internship is done I get a chance to reflect on what  I gained from this experience and how I could use that information in the future.

One of my favorite things I did this summer was interacting and teaching the kids of the Logan, Meanrd, and Sangamon County. This past fair we did a number of activities with both the public and the 4-H, trying to get kids involved in their local 4-H program and promoting the 4-H as a whole.

The pubic got to do a number of activities that you might see in a regular 4-H meeting or at a 4-H camp. They had tons of fun creating bracelets and getting 4-H tattoos along with going on a scavenger hunt. All sorts of prizes were given out and I think that we made a positive impact on the local community.

Attendees at the Logan County Fair checking out what the
4-H booth had to offer.
Overall though my experience with the 4-H and the extension office was nothing less of amazing. If you are reading this blog and thinking that maybe this would be a good experience for you. Let me stop you there and just say "do it." It is most certainly a  helpful, life changing, and interesting experience, worth all the effort that goes into it.

Without the help of the University of Illinois and this class  I would not have gained such knowledge and experience with teaching and training as I did. So my greatest thanks for all who took this class this year and to the teachers and staff who pushed me personally to take this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment