Friday, August 23, 2013

Unit 18 Extension Leadership and Programming

Well this summer has flown by and I can’t believe my internship is over. The last week of my internship were the busiest, I finally had my two special projects come alive.

Macoupin Official Shadowing:

On August 13th, 2013 my pilot program from last summer had its second appearance.  I had 11 participants arrive anxiously at the Macoupin County Jail Facility. They went straight to work mulching and weeding an old judge’s garden by the courthouse. This project is one of many that are helping in the courthouse restoration the community is partaking in. They then had a delicious meal provided by Reno’s pizza in Carlinville, IL. After the meal, the August Macoupin County Board meeting began with Chairman Mark Dragovich asking the participants to lead the meeting with the pledge of allegiance.

Gabe Springer, Chief Financial Officer of the Board, and participants weeding the garden next to the courthouse.



Below:All of the county board members and participants pose for a picture in the newly mulched garden.








Unit 18 HCE Retreat:
On August 15th, 2013 my newest program took flight. Sara Marten and I created a retreat for all the ladies in our units HCE programs. It was extremely interesting to see another side of extension other than just 4-H and master gardeners.We had 23 members show up for a fun filled day with crafts, parliamentary procedure and generations. The ladies had a marvelous time and decided to have these twice a year instead of meeting at a restaurant.

Marsha Heyen was the lady who lead the craft break out session. Here she is teaching some ladies how to make a lei scarf. The other ladies were making button bracelets.


Below is a picture of me during Sara and I's presentation about parliamentary procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment