Monday, August 15, 2016

My Management Expierience


Hi my name is Bethany Ash. I am a senior in Ag Leadership Education. I chose something a little out of my norm for my internship experience and did a sales and management internship with The Buckle. I have to say I have learned so much and have enjoyed everything from the people I work with to the different people I see that come into the store everyday. Learning networking, how to interview, scheduling, leadership, sales, merchandising, and especially having a full time job are just a few.


Working the till was a job itself! The Buckle
offers so many services to their guests.
     First starting off, training wasn't very fun, but as the internship progressed and I learned more about the company and became more invested. We started off Monday with manager meetings with my manager, two assistant managers, another intern and myself addressed upcoming events, merchandise, and tactics for better sales. Through the week I would work my shift setting sales goals and always trying to improve and progress. During the month of July we held a networking event to thanks the loyal customer of The Buckle so it was pretty hectic around the store for that. We had a visit from the district and area manager so we had to prepare the store and teammates. As the internship progressed, every week we would have a conference call with other interns all across the United States. Every week we would address and focus on a new topic such as salesmanship, denim knowledge, scheduling, recruiting and interviewing.



Having the opportunity to be a part of the stores'
 Instagram in more ways than one was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment