Thursday, August 11, 2016

Working with Animals!



      Hello, my name is Clare Wagner. I am a junior at UIUC and just transferred to Agriculture Education. This summer I have the opportunity to do an internship at Anderson Animal Shelter. Why an animal shelter? Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved animals and when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would always say run an animal shelter. Years later and I still have this passion, so why not go with it? So I am now going to school in the hopes of one day running my own animal shelter. Thus why I ended up interning at Anderson. I love that I get the opportunity daily to change the lives of animals and help them find their forever homes. Which makes my heart so happy! As part of my internship, I have been apart of the day to day of running an animal shelter, such as walking the dogs, cleaning the kennels, feeding them and giving them their medicines. I also participate in Transports, which is when we get animals from other states come in because they have a better chance of being adopted through us. 
On top of that, I have been helping with some graphic design and helping out at offsite events. I love being able to help out at Mega Adoption events and other fundraisers. It really is so awesome to see the moment a family falls in love with a dog or cat. 

 My major solo project that I decided to focus on was starting their Instagram account. You can follow them at @anderson.animal.shelter!! I strongly believe that when used right, social media can be so beneficial for any organization. My goal was to have 100 followers by the end of the summer and I have almost 400 now! I love what I am doing and look forward to going to work every day! Here are some cute pictures of the animals I have helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment